Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Six Months Old!

Okay, so Owen actually turned 6 months a week ago. But now I actually have some pictures to post! I have a sneaking suspicion we won't actually get around to taking him to have his picture taken, so I dressed him up and took some today. He was really good for it! Here are a few.



We also got the results of my bloodwork. Based on my age alone, the chance of us having a baby with Down syndrome is about 1 in 700. The screening has decreased that chance to about 1 in 14,000. And based on my age alone, the chance of us having a baby with Trisomy 13 or 18 is about 1 in 1100. The screening has decreased that chance to about 1 in 22,000. So we had good news. =) I'm still a little nervous because as I mentioned before, this screening likely would not have caught what Owen has. But for the moment, we can just relax and be happy that the baby probably does not have any of these other conditions.

2 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

Owen.. you are so adorable!!!

Jennifer said...

He is so cute! Mom, you did a GREAT job taking his picture. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I have been so out of touch and this week have been thinking about Owen and am so happy to have discovered the blog. He is growing up beautifully and how he has shaped everyone he knows is a wonderful thing.