Friday, October 24, 2008

Say What?

This will be a short update; I'm waiting for Mark to get out of the shower so we can go turn in our key.

Today we will be moved to a regular pediatric floor. Owen now only has his EKG leads, saturation monitor, two IVs, and his surgical drain attached to him. He still is sounding pretty congested, but it's staying out of his lungs.

The big surprise of the day came out of the visit we had from our cardiac surgeon this morning. He busted out with, "I think we'll be ready for discharge Sunday or Monday, let's shoot for Monday." To which I replied, "As in THIS Monday?!" Apparently, yes. He's probably being a little overly ambitious; I imagine we'll really be discharged more like Wednesday. Still, it's great to hear he's doing so well. I overheard rounds this morning, and the NP presented Owen by saying, "Owen had the Glenn on the 21st and he's really done great since day 1." What awesome words! We are excited for Owen to continue to heal and to get home quickly. After all, he has his first Halloween to celebrate!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Wow! This one made me cry. How awesome that he is once again doing so amazingly well! I'm so happy for you and so thankful to God for the gift of little Owen. :)

The Simmons Family said...

You're a smart one Owen... get the heck out of that hospital ASAP....you've gotta be home for Halloween!!!