Saturday, May 30, 2009

Whirlwind

Well, a baby came! Gavin Drew was born at 12:50pm on April 11, 2009. He's our bruiser at a whopping 9lbs 9oz and 21 inches long. We went in to the hospital at 6am that day. I was hooked up and getting Pitocin by 7:30, had an epidural placed around 9:30, and was ready to push by 12:30. Pushed through two contractions and Gavin arrived! We were thrilled to meet our new baby boy.

Since then...

I fell in the hospital and hurt my foot. Thought it might be broken, actually. Got it x-rayed and found out it wasn't, thankfully. But still, I could barely walk for several weeks. It made taking care of two babies really difficult for a while, but it's all better now!

In the meantime, I spent 6 weeks at home taking care of Owen and Gavin. 5 of those weeks were by myself, and I must say, I don't know how you stay at home moms do it! They rarely slept at the same time, but they inevitably needed fed at the same time. It was enough to drive me bonkers, although I did love that I had the time to spend with them. That said, I've been back at work for a week now, and it's nice to feel like a grown-up again!

Pictures coming soon!

No comments: