Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ain't That a Kick in the Head...

There have been many of you who, upon seeing me within the past few weeks, have emphatically declared that I'm going to have Bean before the induction date. I have mostly laughed and said, "I'm not that lucky." Because with Owen I went the full 40 weeks and my body had made ZERO progress toward labor. I guess it's true, what they say about every pregnancy being different, because...

I'm dilated 3cm and 25% effaced.

I'm pretty shocked. It doesn't mean much; pregnant women can walk around like this for weeks before going into labor, or I could go into labor tonight. But it does mean my induction is likely to go smoothly. So now we officially go in next Saturday morning at 6am (ugh) and by Easter we'll probably have a baby! YAY!

Plus, my doctor lets her patients have their epidurals right at the beginning of their inductions - no wait! Double YAY!!!

1 comment:

smchurchie said...

Good luck, chica! :)