Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

One year ago today, Owen came home from the NICU. At 10 weeks of age, he slept in his bed, in his house, for the first time. I, on the other hand, barely slept at all that night! I have to say that God really knew what He was doing when he gave us Owen first. At the time, we didn't know any other way than having a baby in the NICU. That's just the way it was, and we dealt with it with relatively little emotion.

Now, our Gavin is 8 weeks old, and I canNOT imagine him being away from us and enduring what Owen did. When Owen was in the NICU, other parents would look at me in amazement - that I wasn't constantly breaking down, that I was able to carry on and prepare for Owen to come home. I didn't understand, but now that I've had a newborn at home, I do. And I don't think I could have gone through it if the boys had been born the other way around. I hate that NICUs have to exist, but I trust God's infinite wisdom. After all, He gave us Owen first.

Owen's first day home

Owen today!

No comments: